Monday, March 03, 2008

February Recap


1. Mardi Gras Bunco!


Last June I started a Bunco group in our small town. I hosted this month and we had a wild Mardi Gras time! I purchased 12 dozen strands of beads that had dice shaped beads on them, served shrimp etouffee, and played Dixieland jazz. It was so much fun. Everyone was covered in beads by the end of the night.


2. Valentine's Day

Molly and I tried to use the cookie press to make spritzer cookies for Joel the day before Valentine's Day. The cookie recipe wasn't as press friendly as I hoped, so all the hearts were shaped by hand. I told Molly that it was going to be a surprise, so don't tell Daddy. That evening the first words out of her mouth were, "Daddy, we made you cookies! Can we have one."





3. Troy is sitting up...pretty much


Troy started sitting up this month. It is funny to see him be so proud of himself. He will be 6 months old in a few days and he already has six teeth, he is eating fruits and vegetables and I think the next thing on the list is a t-bone steak.





4. Trip to Albuquerque


Last week I went with the kids and Joel's mom to Alb. to see Joel's grandparents. It was a lot of fun. They are the sweetest people. They are both 85 yrs old and you would never believe it. They get out nearly everyday and go eat at restaurants and go to Wal-mart. the could run circle around me. After the kids were in bed we played rummy every night. As must with the grandparents. They are such a blessing to me.




















5. The Buzz

Troy's hair was growing a little sprouty, so Joel got the clippers out and gave him a buzz. Troy didn't sit still at all, but the job got done! He looks so cute.


ALSO


6. Molly started calling me momma!


She has always called me mommy, but she is all of a sudden such a big girl and needs to call me momma. It sounds so different to me, but so cute.












5 comments:

Melissa said...

those are such cute pictures

realitymomma said...

your title so fits you! i bet you made the apron molly is wearing, didn't you? you are so talented. i don't remember ever eating shrimp at our bunko night! what's up with that?????

sounds fun and would have loved to have been at that one!

Jason and Stephanie Trook said...

Kerri!
Your kids are beautiful and growing so fast! We miss ya'll!
Stephanie

Sara said...

I think Troy is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!! Precious! And of course Molly is a doll too!
Brad's mom lives in Albuquerque too! Crazy! I've heard the zoo is great there.
I love the cookie story! Tell Joel hello for me!

Lisa Renee said...

Love all the pics! What a fun Bunko! Okay, now I am ready for some Easter pics... get to postin again!!! I miss you!