Saturday, April 05, 2008

March Recap

March was a good month. Here are some of the things that happened:

1. Joel turned 33. We made him a three layer peanut butter cookie cake, created a table golf game (in which he managed to get a hole-in-one on his first attempt). He tried the rest of the evening to repeat his first attempt at flip golf and was unable to get that hole in one again.

2. Spring Break. Molly and I managed to create a piñata while Troy slept throughout the week. It was fun and messy. We were able to do a few things as a family, but it was pretty much a low key week.

3. At my parents Molly played dress up and let my mom and I catch a few poses.

4. Troy loves to bounce in his Johnny Jump Up. It will entertain him for long spells which let me get a few things done during the day.

5. I stayed in the car one Sunday while Joel ran some errands in the big town. What better time to snap some pics with the boy!

6. When I straighten up Troy’s room, the kids think that hanging out in the bed together is a blast.

7. Aren’t they the cutest!

8. This is me and by sibs, Travis & Christy

9. The boy loves his Cheerios. His 7 teeth can attest to that.

10. The kids opened their Easter baskets at Nonie and Pawpaw’s house. I left the Sat. before at 4 in the morning by myself and headed east with the kids. I actually like the early morning trip. I won't be surprised it I do that again.

11. On Easter, we hung the piñata from a tree in the backyard.

12. Me and the kids Easter morning.

13. Molly and her Pawpaw cracked the egg open. It took a little more Pawpaw power to crack it open. I think the egg piñata will have to be an Easter tradition. It was a lot of fun.

14. My sister, brother-in-law and I took the kids into the bluebonnets. Not trampling the flowers was a challenge, but we got a few cute pics.

15. Troy loves his bath at Nonie’s house.

16. Molly is very determined in her egg hunting technique. My niece that is 11 months was trampled by Mo a few times. Look out Molly, next year Kayla will seek revenge.

17. Sweet Kayla – 11 months old

18. Molly – 2 ½ years old

19. Troy – 6 ½ months old

6 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Sounds like a great month at the Thompsons! I love all the pictures but I think that one of you with both kids in the bluebonnets takes the prize! How precious! It looks so green at your parents house! I love and miss that so much! That porch pic makes me real ready for real spring with potted flowers and all! Miss your face girl, thanks for letting me see it in pictures at least! We need to get together soon!

realitymomma said...

wonderful times in march - talk about march madness. love the egg, and yes, a great tradition. your kids are beautiful. the pics of you all are precious. where do your parents live that the bluebonnets were out at easter? we are just now getting all the bluebonnets. sounds like your lives are going great! like lisa, miss you and your family. hope to see you sometime!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so precious. Our little Cooper is almost 11 months old and only has 2 teeth! I'm sure he has "tooth envy" for Troy! You are so good to do such wonderful activities with your kids. I have "energy envy"! Keep up the great work!
Sabrina

A D said...

Your family is so beautiful - inside and out.

Anonymous said...

I like all of the pictures except those with Joel. Joel is NOT photogenic and he kind of makes me a little sick when I look at him. Sorry.
Ryan Scott

Jody said...

What a great blog! I just started mine and I have a ways to go to catch up to even half of what you put into yours. What a sweet family and what an a amazing mother you are Kerri! Seeing you makes me miss so much about you and YOU.