Monday, November 17, 2008

Turkey Hand Print Shirt



Molly and I made this shirt last week. I am not sure what inspired this, but it was very fun.

I used Avery t-shirt trasnfer paper and printed a large enough polka dotted square that Molly's hand could fit. After printing the dots I turned the paper over and traced her hand. Cut out her hand print and ironed it to this cute Wal-mart t-shirt. I used mixed buttons to make the rest (you can buy variety button packs at Wal-mart). I sewed the buttons on, but I think fabric glue would work fine.

Try this out with your kids. I included the polka dot picture to print on the transfer paper.

When the shirt gets too small for her I think I am going to cut the front to make a pillow.

Stay tune... I will try and post her brown and turquiose tulle skirt that I am making to go with the shirt.

7 comments:

Liss and MOMMY said...

You are too talented! I might just order mine from you. Oh yeah I need Maude's handprint. Ok I will try...wish me luck.

Anonymous said...

Ok.. you really make me sick on how creative you are. The t-shirt is too cute!

Jeanifer said...

I Love it!!!! Way to go friend!

realitymomma said...

you do make us all sick! you are so talented. molly is very fortunate and is learning so much more from you. thanks for the idea and the instructions. i will have to start this year to make next years.....

Michelle said...

Very cute! We might have to do this for Share Group, Jr.

Lisa Renee said...

Okay...NOW I get it! It was hard for my noncrafty mind to visualize. PRECIOUS! If I had a real computer hooked up to a printer I might try this. You amaze me more and more... Molly is so blessed to have you as her mom.

meemee said...

I made one of my granddaughters and her cousin one of these shirts and they turned out really cute. Thanks for the example. I hope you will have something for Christmas shirts!!