Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Plans Change, Roll with it!

Yesterday I went to Ladies Bible Class and dropped Molly off at Tuesdays for Tots (all usual routine stuff). After class I went to get Molly so that we could go run some errands. When I got there, she was not in the clothes that I brought her in and man did she smell sour. Apparently she spit up her breakfast yogurt that smells good going down, but not so good coming up. Well now I have a stinky baby in just a shirt and diaper. I usually would not have let this slow me down, but it was a little windy and the new shirt was really starting to get wet. Molly has about 2 or 3 teeth wanting to come through, which in turn leads to drooling. Did I mention that I didn't get to bed till about 12:30 am, Molly and I got up once about 3 am (not really sure of the time, it is a little blurry), and she decided to start our day at 6 am. I am one of those eight hours of sleep kind of girls. I am married to a man that can run on fumes for days, but not me.
Well, at this time, I have thoughts piling up in my head, I'm tired, Molly is under-dressed and wet and the long list of things that I wanted to accomplish quickly started to fade from my memory. So, Molly and I drove home right at noon, which is when Joel comes home for lunch. So, honestly it was kind of nice to see Joel at lunchtime instead of checking things off of my errand list.
God must have seen my exhaustion because about 1pm, Molly fell asleep and stayed that way until about 3:45. Hopefully you see where I am going with this; I too got a long nap. Oh happy day!

2 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

I am glad it all worked out. Hey, if your ever up at 6 again give me a call- Ty gets up at 6:15 everyday :) Me too not a morning person but I have learned to start the coffee pot a little earlier. I am glad you got some rest. See you tonight.

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh. Sounds like we have similar life styles...must be a mom thing. I love your blog page. Maybe I can start one someday.