Thursday, February 05, 2009

The prayer I needed to hear

Let me set the stage. Our entire family has been sick for almost a week now. It has been the nasty cough, achy body, high temperature, sinus headache sickness. The kids have had it, but Joel and I are the ones being hit the worst. Needless to say, I am exhausted.
Last night I was just done, ready for the day to end. I had washed almost everything that could be de-germed in the house.
Molly and I were done reading and about to say her prayer. I reminded her to pray for Daddy because he had been really sick all day (in bed running 102, I quarantined him to the bedroom).
Her prayer:

Dear God,
Thank you to get Daddy to feel better,
Thank you for my friends and family.
Thank you for the living room.

(This is where I know my God is great)

(Molly reached up and touched my face and said,)
Thank you for Mommy who reads a book to me.
Thank you for Mommy cleaning my bed.

.......amen

I just love this girl!

2 comments:

Larissa said...

Awww...that's so sweet! I teared up. Sometimes they put things like in that into a perspective that we don't see.

Jody said...

Precious Girl! I wish I could have seen you guys while you were in H'ville. How was that new baby? Post pictures, I want to see him :) He will be grown like Kayla when I get to see him again. Sorry to hear you guys were so sick. I know what it's like to be down for so long and for it to hit everyone at once. Prayers are with you. Glad to see you update your blog. I look everyday to see what's going on with you. Soon we have a track meet in Lubbock. I told your mom if I was able to go, I wanted to give you a call and see if we could get together. When I get the dates, I will email you and see what you have going :) Love ya. Get some rest!!!